Check out out the first creation by our Mayim 2nd and 3rd graders…our Chesed Guide by kids and for kids!
NOW AT THE i-TUNES APP STORE …
Our 4th & 5th Graders’ Blessing-a-Day Calendar App
Download it now to your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad so you can start getting our children’s wonderful original blessings! You can find the app on the iTunes store either by searching for “Pocket Blessings” or by clicking on this link from your Apple device.
Mayim - The Elementary Learning Community at Temple Beth Shalom
Welcome to Mayim, our elementary learning program at Temple Beth Shalom! Mayim launched as a brand new program in the fall of 2012. What is new and different about Mayim? Here’s a taste of what you’ll find within this website:
- A new focus is placed on learning through authentic Jewish experiences for children and families.
- Relationship and community building between children and families is now a visibly central goal of our program.
- Our educators are “Jewish Learning Guides,” who engage children and adults in Jewish life and learning.
- Jewish Learning Guides are engaged far more hours each week to allow for teamwork, planning, learning, and regular ongoing connection with families.
- Learning experiences are deepened and made more relevant through hands on projects. Instead of relying on textbooks as the centerpiece of the learning experience, books have become resources for learning driven by children’s questions.
- Hebrew learning begins in Kindergarten and reading skill acquisition is intensified in 4/5 grade.
- A weekly and monthly learning schedule seeks to provide maximum convenience and accessibility for our families.
This website contains a lot of information. We recommend starting at sections that interest you most:
- To read about the goals and vision behind this transformation of the elementary learning program, begin with “What We’re All About.”
- To read about the elements of the new learning program, begin with “Program Details.”
- To find out when your child can attend Mayim or other information about registration, begin with “Logistics.”
Wherever you choose to begin exploring, dive in to find out what we’re all about!